30 Top Coldplay Wedding Songs For An Enchanting Celebration!
About to get married and looking to fill up your wedding playlist with fantastic tunes? Well, allow us to introduce Coldplay!
Of course, you’re probably already a fan of the band, what with Chris Martin and co. being one of the biggest and longest-running bands today!
That said, it can be a bit tricky to pick which song goes in your playlist besides the hits, thanks in part to the band’s almost 30-year run. So, we went ahead and listed down our favorite Coldplay wedding songs for you to choose and pick!
With that, let’s get started right away!
Table of Contents
Romantic Coldplay Wedding Songs
Despite being best known for a colossal force in the world of British rock music, Coldplay-frontman Chris Martin has also spent a large chunk of the band’s career writing the most swoon-worthy love songs, plenty of which has become mainstays in wedding playlists!
Fan favorites include timeless hits like “Fix You,” “Yellow,” and “The Scientist,” but you also can’t go wrong with more underrated gems like “Everglow, “True Love,” and “A Sky Full of Stars” for your first dance or bridal walk. So, you can trust that whichever of these you pick, tears will end up falling all the same!
- “Fix You”
- “In My Place”
- “A Sky Full of Stars”
- “True Love”
- “The Scientist”
Slow and Sentimental Coldplay Wedding Songs
Of course, you’d also need some slower Coldplay songs to help ‘fill in the spaces,’ so to speak. These can be anything from the cocktail hour, the reception dinner, or right after the ceremony and you’re just waiting for all of the guests to arrive.
There’s plenty of great jams in this list, but our personal recommendations go to “Midnight” and “Trouble,” as they’re good sing-along songs that never get too loud… unless you want to start the reception party a little too early!!
- “Green Eyes”
- “Us Against the World”
- “Don’t Panic”
- “See You Soon”
- “Amazing Day”
Upbeat Coldplay Wedding Songs
Of course, it wouldn’t be a wedding without the reception party, and Coldplay has the perfect songs to help get everybody in the right mood! Whether it’s the soaring sing-along lyrics to “Viva la Vida” or the happy vibe that “Adventure of a Lifetime” brings, these songs would surely light up the dance floor as if you’re in an actual Coldplay concert!
That… or you can just ask your wedding DJ to play “Fix You” again to make everybody cry. Admit it, we all love that song!
- “Adventure of a Lifetime”
- “Viva la Vida”
- “Hymn for the Weekend”
- “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall”
- “Charlie Brown”
- “Lovers in Japan”
- “Hurts Like Heaven”
- “Life in Technicolor II”
- “Something Just Like This” (with The Chainsmokers)
Coldplay's Influence on Weddings and the Music Industry
One look at the band’s most famous hits and it’s easy to see why so many couples and wedding DJs have made them one of the go-to bands when curating a playlist. For one thing, Chris Martin has cracked the formula at writing some of the most heart-tugging lyrics ever, while the band behind him has perfected easy-to-listen British rock that everyone can easily vibe to… and that includes all of the oldies in your wedding!
Of course, all of the band’s work has also translated into success not just in many wedding playlists, but in the entire music industry itself! For example, the band has sold over 100 million records worldwide, becoming consistent chart-toppers since the start of their career.
The band has also won multiple Grammy Awards, including Record of the Year and Best Rock Album. Their albums like “A Rush of Blood to the Head” and “X&Y” are critically acclaimed and commercially successful. Meanwhile, singles like “Fix You” and “Viva la Vida” have achieved multi-platinum status, and continue to receive billions of streams on platforms like Spotify and Apple.
Top Tips for Choosing Coldplay Wedding Songs
When selecting the perfect Coldplay songs for your wedding, consider the following tips:
- Reflect on Your Relationship – Have a Coldplay song that you and your partner are particularly attached to? Then off to the playlist it goes! This helps add a personal touch to your playlist, making it more than just a collection of songs that people will listen to.
- Diversify Across Albums – The great thing about being in a band for almost 3 decades is that your fans have plenty of songs to dig deep into! So, make sure you explore Coldplay’s discography to find hidden gems and find your next favorites!
- Test the Mood – Play snippets of songs during wedding planning moments to see which ones resonate most with you and your partner. You can even test out some of the songs for the reception to see if they’re good for partying!
- Consider Guest Preferences – While it’s essential to choose songs that resonate with you, consider your guests’ musical preferences to create a more inclusive atmosphere. You can do this by either adding more well-known songs and crowd favorites, asking them beforehand, or allowing them to submit song requests to your wedding DJ while the party is ongoing!
- Consult with Your Wedding DJ – Of course, don’t forget to coordinate with your wedding DJ long before the actual event! This gives you plenty of time to fine-tune the playlist with their help, or even get some song suggestions to make it even better.
- Add Other Artists – Unless you’re going for a Coldplay-themed wedding playlist, we also recommend adding some of the band’s contemporaries for some extra flavor! For example, men in the guest book who love their blues and melodic rock would appreciate some John Mayer songs, while we’re sure the ladies would love picks from Lana Del Rey, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga! Meanwhile, you can also make sure that the grandparents are in on the fun by putting on some Frank Sinatra or The Beatles, or even some hard rock classics like Bruce Springsteen! More songs means more people, and more people means a livelier reception party for everyone to enjoy!
In conclusion, it’s very easy to see why Coldplay is a go-to for many wedding playlists, and picking the right ones will do nothing but help elevate your entire wedding experience!
But just in case you don’t have a wedding DJ yet to help play the right Coldplay wedding songs at the right time (unfortunately… none of us can afford actually hiring Coldplay *sobs*), why not work with us here at DJing.ca?
As the biggest DJ company here in Canada, we specialize in all sorts of events, including your big day! We also only work with the top 1% of performers across the country, and have done more than 1,000+ successful events. What’s more, we have maintained our stellar 5-star rating thanks to our excellent customer service, excellent DJs, and competitive rates.
So, give us a holler today or fill up the quote form, and we’ll immediately get in touch to start planning your wedding!