45 Top Songs For Your Getting Ready For A wedding Playlist
To sum it up quickly, your wedding morning will be a rollercoaster of emotions.
After all, you’re out there going through periods of happiness, excitement, and wedding jitters all at the same time, all while in a room that can be both hectic and chaotic!
Now, we’d advise you to keep yourself as calm as possible, but we all know that’s easier said than done (especially when we’re not the one getting hitched!). So, instead, we made you the next best thing: your very own getting ready for a wedding playlist!
Covering everything from Bruno Mars and Christina Perri to Elvis Presley, these playlists should help you get ready whether you’re with your groomsmen, your bridesmaids, or just want something romantic to set the mood.
So, without further ado, let’s dive right into these songs!
Table of Contents
Romantic Getting Ready For A Wedding Songs
Everybody knows the importance of a good wedding playlist (in fact, you may already have one!), but what about the getting ready for a wedding playlist? We think it’s just as important, so we picked the perfect songs that should help you not only get in a romantic mood, but hype you up for what will be one of the best days in your life!
The selection we picked is varied too, giving you everything from Bruno Mars’ classic “Marry You” to Elvis’ seminal “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” all of which are absolute sing-along masterpieces for just about anyone!
- “Marry You” by Bruno Mars
- “I Choose You” by Sara Bareilles
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley
- “You Are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne
- “I Do” by Colbie Caillat
- “Love On Top” by Beyoncé
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “You Make My Dreams” by Hall & Oates
- “Happy Together” by The Turtles
- “I Say a Little Prayer” by Aretha Franklin
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)” by Stevie Wonder
- “Sugar” by Maroon 5
- “Best Day of My Life” by American Authors
- “Ho Hey” by The Lumineers
- “Crazy in Love” by Beyoncé ft. Jay-Z
Getting Ready With Your bridesmaids Songs
Getting ready for the big day along with your dear bridesmaids? Well, we think it’s the perfect time to sneak in some girl-bonding, so why not put on these getting ready songs to get everybody in the perfect mood!
Whether it’s to the tune of Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” or Beyonce’s “Single Ladies,” we’re sure these song picks are the perfect girl-power anthems for your bridal squad. So, put on some bubbly and sing out those wedding jitters away!
- “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” by Beyoncé
- “Wannabe” by Spice Girls
- “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!” by Shania Twain
- “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
- “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon
- “Good as Hell” by Lizzo
- “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
- “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
- “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani
- “I Love It” by Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX
- “Raise Your Glass” by P!nk
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
- “Brave” by Sara Bareilles
Getting Ready With Your Groomsmen Songs
Of course, we can’t forget about the boys! Whether you’re high-fiving each other up to get hyped or downing a cold one (just one thanks!) to help you relax better before the big moment, we are all for #mensupportingmen, and there’s no better way to pull each other up than with these getting ready songs!
You might think that a getting ready for a wedding playlist is only filled with romantic love songs, but we think there’s plenty of room for other stuff, like a bit of John Mayer to make you feel sophisticated and classy (even while you’re still in boxers), some JAY-Z to make you feel like a hundred bucks, or even just some Smash Mouth so you can sing “All Star” over and over while laughing.
When they say “boys being boys,” we picture men just being silly with each other, which is exactly the kind of fun you need if you’re feeling nervous on your wedding morning!
- “Suit & Tie” by Justin Timberlake ft. JAY-Z
- “I’m Shipping Up to Boston” by Dropkick Murphys
- “My Own Worst Enemy” by Lit
- “All Star” by Smash Mouth
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey
- “Jump Around” by House of Pain
- “We Will Rock You” by Queen
- “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC
- “Shipping Up To Boston” by Dropkick Murphys
- “Here Comes the Hotstepper” by Ini Kamoze
- “Party Up (Up in Here)” by DMX
- “I Gotta Feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas
Tips When Picking Songs For Your Getting Ready for a Wedding Playlist
- Personal Connection – Start by choosing songs that already hold personal meaning to you and your partner. Have you ever danced to your top artists together? Do you have a favorite song together? If so, then make sure to throw those songs in to make sure you think of each other before the actual start of the wedding.
- Match the Mood – Another consideration to make when picking songs for your getting ready for a wedding playlist is to think of the mood you want! Are you aiming for an intimate atmosphere? Or do you want to make it upbeat and fun? Either way, picking songs that match should help keep that energy throughout the day!
- Diverse Playlist – Of course, we also recommend throwing in some diversity in that playlist just to switch things up and keep things fresh. For example, you can add songs from timeless classics like Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, and even Motown, just to name a few! This way, you can keep the energy levels high all throughout the morning!
- Test Run – Before the big day, do a test run of your playlist to ensure that everything flows smoothly and that there are no technical issues. This ensures that you don’t have to worry about anything else but yourself during the getting ready process of your wedding!
- Don’t Forget the Essentials – In addition to your playlist, don’t forget to pack any essential items you’ll need during the getting ready process, such as snacks, drinks, and emergency kits. Having everything you need on hand ensures that you can relax and enjoy the moment without any unnecessary stress, because that’s what you deserve!
And that concludes our favorite songs for the best getting ready for a wedding playlist! With the right songs and a few thoughtful touches, the getting ready process can be a memorable and enjoyable part of your wedding day!
So crank up the music, surround yourself with your loved ones, and get ready to celebrate the start of your happily ever after.
But just in case you don’t have a wedding DJ yet to further fine-tune the celebration that comes after, why not work with us here at DJing.ca? As the largest DJ company in Canada, our team here at DJing.ca have plenty of experience under our belts and only work with the top 1% of DJs in the country to make sure we deliver every time!
What’s more, all of our packages are fairly priced, and we hold a stellar 5-star rating to ensure you’re getting your money’s worth everytime! So hit us up for a quote and we’ll be right with you immediately!