Top 10 Rod Stewart Wedding Songs To Make your Celebration Magical!
Found yourself in our corner of the internet? Then you’re probably about to get married (congratulations!) but also wondering how to make the perfect wedding playlist.
Now, truth be told, there isn’t any wrong or right answer to this. Music is subjective, after all, and it all boils down to what you love listening to. But if you need a little push to a great direction, then let us introduce you to Rod Stewart.
Heard of him? You probably have. Man’s been busting one wedding jam after the other since the 70s, and he manages to strike gold with each time!
So, if you’re looking to add some tried-and-tested hits for your playlist, then here are our 10 favorite Rod Stewart wedding songs, and what they can do to elevate your big day. Let’s start!
Table of Contents
Top 10 Rod Stewart Wedding Songs
1. "Have I Told You Lately" (1991)
Hailing from his album “Vagabond Heart,” this is perhaps Rod Stewart’s most classic wedding songs, as it speaks about deep love and gratitude for the person that you’re with. Just picture this: you and your partner sharing your first dance, all while you sing along to the words “have I told you lately that I love you?” because dear reader, you know that you can never say those words enough!
2. "You're in My Heart (The Final Acclaim)" (1977)
Need something more upbeat without straying too far from romantic territory? Well then, how about asking your wedding DJ to give “You’re in My Heart” a spin? Fun and positive without being too loud, this song is all about finding your true love… which you just did, and now you’re married!
3. "Forever Young" (1988)
Have you ever dreamed about staying young forever? Especially with the love of your life? An impossible dream, of course, but one that you should easily forget after giving this song a spin! Another one of our favorite Rod Stewart wedding songs, make sure to throw this song in your reception party playlist!
4. "The Way You Look Tonight" (2004)
Want to make your lady feel like a million bucks on her wedding day? Well then, make sure the wedding DJ plays this on your big day while you ask her to dance! Adding a touch of sophistication and romance to any occasion, this rendition of this timeless tune is easily one of our favorite Rod Stewart wedding songs. Just remember, make sure she knows how great she looks tonight~~
5. "Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)" (1976)
Looking to turn up the heat on the dance floor before you cozy up together for the night? Well then, throw this song on your wedding album and bring out your smoothest and suave dance moves while twirling your lady around! Sultry and seductive, this is also one of our favorite Rod Stewart wedding songs, and it’s perfect for any reception party!
6. "My Heart Can't Tell You No" (1988)
What’s a wedding without an emotionally charged ballad that’s fit for any mother-daughter dance? (Or even just a general parent dance). Combining Rod Stewart’s voice with the heartfelt lyrics, this song will surely be a great addition to your ceremony.
7. "You Wear It Well" (1972)
Rod Stewart was very much in the right when he included this song in his “Never a Dull Moment” album, because once the DJ starts playing this during your reception, then there will never be a dull moment! Upbeat, catchy, and just overall fun, this will surely give everyone in your guest list a real good time. Cue the disco ball!
8. "For the First Time" (1991)
Picture this: the groom is eagerly standing by the altar. And as the doors open, in walks their bride, clad in her wonderful wedding dress. And as he sees her for the first time, Rod Stewart’s “For the First Time” starts playing, in all of its sincerity and warmth. Now that’s a wedding moment that you surely want to be captured for the rest of your life. Just beautiful!
9. "Maggie May" (1971)
An absolute classic from the “Every Picture Tells a Story” album, this folk-rock masterpiece tells a captivating story of love and longing, making it a big staple for both traditional and modern weddings. So make sure you give it a listen or two!
10. "Some Guys Have All the Luck" (1984)
Upbeat and energetic, this song will surely add a lively touch to your wedding playlist, making it great for the reception party. After all, when Rodney Stewart said that “some guys have all the luck,” they actually mean the groom, who’s lucky for finally being one with his now wife under the eyes of god. Perfect!
FAQ Section: Rod Stewart Wedding Songs
Why choose Rod Stewart songs for a wedding?
Rod Stewart’s timeless ballads and energetic tunes provide a diverse range of options to suit various wedding moods. With his soulful voice and poetic lyrics, you are sure to have a real emotional soundtrack for your big day, and that’s whether you’re a huge Stewart fan or not!
Are Rod Stewart songs suitable for all wedding moments?
Absolutely! From slow dances to lively celebrations, Stewart’s extensive discography offers songs that fit every wedding moment, creating a well-rounded and emotionally resonant atmosphere that should make everyone feel included!
What’s the significance of “Forever Young” at weddings?
“Forever Young” is often chosen for its uplifting message and heartfelt lyrics, making it a wish for eternal happiness and joy in the journey of marriage. Of course, there are also many other Rodney Stewart classics that you can add to your playlist. This is just one of our favorites!
Can I incorporate Rod Stewart songs into different wedding themes?
Yes! Stewart’s versatile catalog allows you to find the perfect match for any wedding theme, whether it’s a classic, romantic, or contemporary celebration. You can even add these songs to your beach wedding, or if you’re going for a more rustic-themed barn wedding!
Is there a specific era of Rod Stewart’s career that is more popular for weddings?
While Stewart’s entire career offers timeless classics, the late ’70s and ’80s are particularly popular for weddings, as this was when he wrote many of his iconic ballads. Of course, feel free to dive deeper into his other years, even when he was still part of a group!
Rod Stewart: A Musical Journey Through The Years
Rod Stewart’s musical journey has been nothing short of legendary. Born in London in 1945, Stewart rose to fame in the late 1960s as the lead singer of the Jeff Beck Group and later as a member of Faces. However, it was his solo career that solidified his status as a global rock icon.
Thanks to his distinctive raspy voice and incredible songwriting skills, Rod Stewart has managed to sell over 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling music artists in history. Furthermore, he’s also had plenty of notable achievements, including:
- “Tonight’s the Night (Gonna Be Alright)” (1976) – This chart-topping single spent eight consecutive weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?” (1978) – An international hit, reaching No. 1 in the UK and No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- “Maggie May” (1971) – This classic single topped the charts in both the US and the UK, becoming one of Stewart’s signature songs.
Of course, his impact also found its way into countless weddings, with his soulful and emotive ballads finding a special place in the hearts of couples around the world. All of this is thanks to Stewart’s ability to convey the complexities of love and relationships through his music, something that resonates with plenty of couples that are looking to officially seal the deal!
Tips for Picking Rod Stewart Wedding Songs
- Consider Your Theme – Whether you’re going for a classic or contemporary wedding, Rod Stewart’s discography offers songs to complement any theme. But while choosing tunes that fit the atmosphere is important, make sure you also pick ones that you (and your partner!) love as well!
- Mix Slow and Upbeat Songs – Keep in mind that balance is key. Include a mix of slow, romantic ballads for those intimate moments and lively, upbeat tracks to keep the celebration vibrant!
- Think About Song Lyrics – Next, make sure you consider the lyrics of each song. Rod Stewart’s catalog includes a variety of themes, so choose songs with lyrics that reflect your feelings and the message you want to convey on your wedding day.
- Danceability Matters – For the reception, ensure that you include some dance-worthy tracks. Rod Stewart has a few upbeat numbers that will get everyone on the dance floor, all before your wedding DJ starts bringing out the real bangers!
- Connect with Your Wedding DJ or Band – Of course, we also recommend sharing your preferences with your wedding DJ. After all, they should be able to provide valuable insights and help create a seamless flow of music throughout the ceremony and reception.
- Have Fun with It – Ultimately, the most important aspect of your wedding playlist is that it reflects your personality and the love you share. Have fun with the selection process, and don’t be afraid to incorporate songs that hold special meaning for you and your partner! Test out the songs as well, as it’s an extra chance to take your partner dancing!
In conclusion, it’s easy to see why Rod Stewart has become a real staple in countless weddings, so why not add some of his magic to your own celebration?
That said, what’s a great wedding playlist without a fantastic DJ that knows how to make it work? And that’s where we at DJing.ca come in! As the largest DJ company in Canada, we have a commitment to industry-leading customer service, state-of-the-art DJ equipment, and expert DJs that have years of experience under their belts.
What’s more, we also boast a track record of over 1,000 events per year, maintaining our stellar 5-star rating the whole time.
So, to make sure your wedding gets the best of the best, hit us up for a quote and we’ll get back to you immediately!