Top 30: Timeless Frank Sinatra Wedding Music To Make Your Big Day Magical!
Alright! This needs no introduction. You’re about to get married to the love of your life (congratulations by the way!) and you need good music to fill up your wedding playlist.
While there’s plenty of songs today that have become wedding playlist mainstays, there’s one artist who has basically earned the right to get played at every wedding: Frank Sinatra.
And why wouldn’t he be? His discography is loaded with love songs that would fill up the playlist for your first dance alone, while his catalog has plenty of songs that will call guests of all ages to the dance floor (especially your grandparents!)
So, in case you’re wondering which tunes from his catalog should be in your playlist, we rounded up the most timeless Frank Sinatra wedding music to help you.
Table of Contents
Timeless Franks Sinatra Wedding Music: Our Top Picks
As much as you’d love to just put all of your favorite songs together in your wedding playlist, it also needs some flow to it, especially when it comes to the different parts of the program.
So, we categorized these wedding songs by Frank Sinatra based on romantic, slow and sentimental, and upbeat, all while taking note of their popularity and success among fans and listeners.
Romantic Frank Sinatra Wedding Music
There’s no other way to go about it: romantic love songs are Frank Sinatra’s bread and butter, and the list below contains his best work, all of which are perfect for either the bridal walk or the first dance with your beloved!
From the soothing “Fly Me to the Moon” to the gentle and loving “The Way You Look Tonight,” Sinatra has practically cracked the code when it comes to tugging at heart-strings, and we’re sure the effect will remain the same when you play these at your wedding! Either way, get ready to watch a lot of slow dancing on that dance floor!
- “Fly Me to the Moon”
- “The Way You Look Tonight”
- “I’ve Got You Under My Skin”
- “Strangers in the Night”
- “My Funny Valentine”
- “Something Stupid” (with Nancy Sinatra)
- “All the Way”
- “It Had to Be You”
- “The Nearness of You”
- “Embraceable You”
Slow and Sentimental Frank Sinatra Wedding Music
Like we mentioned above, a good playlist has ebbs and flows, which means that you also need some slower and sentimental picks to let the room breathe, especially after they’ve just witnessed you get married to your partner!
So, if you’re in need of some slow jams for the cocktail hour or while everyone’s getting ready for the reception party, these wedding songs by Frank Sinatra should help fill in the gap. Plus points if you see them bobbing their heads or tapping their feet while sitting down at their chairs, that’s when you know that you (and your trusty wedding DJ!) have done a great job!
- “One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)”
- “In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning”
- “I Get Along Without You Very Well”
- “I Can’t Get Started”
- “I Concentrate on You”
- “What’ll I Do?”
- “Where or When”
- “All of Me”
- “Angel Eyes”
- “September Song”
Upbeat Frank Sinatra Wedding Music
Who says Frankie can’t party? Definitely not us! And that’s why we’ve listed some of the most upbeat and reception-ready songs from Sinatra’s large catalog!
From the ‘60s horns permeating the entirety of “Luck Be a Lady” to the unrelenting Rhodes piano accompanying his youthful voice in “That’s Life,” there’s plenty here that all of your guests will surely appreciate! Of course, there’s also the seminal “You Make Me Feel So Young,” which is the perfect upbeat love song for your parents, as well as grandma and grandpa, to get on the dance floor! Now that’s a wedding reception we’d like to be a part of (pretty please? 👉👈)
- “Luck Be a Lady”
- “New York, New York”
- “That’s Life”
- “You Make Me Feel So Young”
- “Ain’t That a Kick in the Head”
- “I’ve Got the World on a String”
- “The Best Is Yet to Come”
- “Come Fly With Me”
- “You’re Nobody till Somebody Loves You”
- “High Hopes”
Frank Sinatra's Mainstream Success And Impact
Frank Sinatra’s influence on the music industry is immeasurable. With a career spanning over five decades, he achieved numerous chart-topping hits and accolades. Notably, he scored a remarkable 31 top ten hits on the Billboard Hot 100 and received nine Grammy Awards, including the prestigious Album of the Year for “Come Dance with Me!” in 1960 and “Album of the Year” for “Sinatra: A Man and His Music” in 1967.
Of course, his versatility and charisma (starting from the swing era to the rock ‘n’ roll revolution) have not only allowed him to adapt to changing musical landscapes, but have also earned him the reputation of being a mainstay in countless personal playlists, weddings included!
That’s why, for any couple that’s looking to add a touch of elegance and class to their ceremony and reception, Sinatra is an easy pick. After all, there’s no denying that a wedding filled with his rich baritone voice and the lush orchestral arrangements will feel all the more sophisticated and magical.
Oh, and we’re sure your old folks will appreciate the song selection too… and would probably treat the reception party as their own personal ballroom, but that’s just the magic of Sinatra for ya!
FAQs: Frank Sinatra Wedding Music
Why is Frank Sinatra’s music popular at weddings?
It’s simple! Frank Sinatra’s music is timeless, sophisticated, and carries a sense of romance that perfectly complements the atmosphere of weddings. His smooth vocals, combined with rich orchestral arrangements, evoke a classic and elegant ambiance, making his songs a popular choice for couples no matter their age!
What’s the significance of Sinatra’s chart success?
Frank Sinatra’s chart success is a testament to his enduring popularity. He dominated the charts in various decades, including the 1940s, ’50s, and ’60s. His ability to reinvent himself and stay relevant over the years speaks to the universal appeal of his music, making it a safe bet for wedding playlists.
How can I incorporate Frank Sinatra into a modern wedding playlist?
Mix Sinatra’s classics with contemporary songs to strike a balance between tradition and modernity. Consider using his romantic ballads during key moments like the first dance, and sprinkle upbeat tracks for lively moments. The key here, of course, is to always maintain a good flow in your playlist!
Tips for Choosing Frank Sinatra Wedding Music
- Consider the Atmosphere – Match the tone of Sinatra’s songs with the atmosphere you want to create. Just like how we categorized the songs, the romantic ballads for intimate moments, the upbeat tunes for celebration, and sentimental picks are for your wedding’s slower moments.
- Personalize Your Playlist – Of course, we always recommend adding songs that hold personal meaning for you and your partner! And whether it’s by Frank Sinatra or not (we hope it is!), these songs will only add a more unique touch to your big day. Still, we recommend going through Sinatra’s discography if you only know a few hits, as you might even end up finding a new favorite!
- Collaborate with the DJ – Once you’re done picking the songs alongside your partner, it’s time to collaborate with your wedding DJ. As experts, they will help curate your playlist to be more personal, all while keeping the flow of your program in check. Be open to suggestions as well, as you might discover new things you didn’t think of previously!
- Test the Danceability – For the upbeat selections, make sure they’re dance-friendly. Sinatra has plenty of songs that will get your guests on their feet, ensuring a lively event. And in that case, why not consider dancing to them with your partner as early as now? Not only will this help you test drive the songs, but it’s also extra practice time for your upcoming first dance!
And there you have it! 30 of our top picks for your very own Frank Sinatra wedding music playlist.
When it comes to class and romance, ol’ Frankie’s songs here have really stood the test of time, making them the perfect soundtrack for one of the best days of your life. As such, we hope our list was able to help you narrow down your top picks!
But just in case you need some more help for your wedding, then how about working with our team here at DJing.ca? As Canada’s largest DJ company, we have successfully played at more than 1,000+ events all while maintaining our stellar 5-star rating.
Of course, that means working with only the top 1% of DJs in Canada, all of which are ready to make sure your wedding playlist is up to par throughout the whole day (and they’re big Frank Sinatra fans too!)
So, reach out to us or fill up our quote form, and we’ll immediately get in touch. Happy wedding planning, lovebirds!