Vancouver Wedding DJ Tips Plan
If you are planning your wedding in the city of Vancouver and want to have a professional Wedding DJ on hand, then I hope this article will help you out!
Wedding DJs are professionals who play music at weddings, parties or other special events. They usually charge an hourly rate for their services. You can get one if you know where to look – but don’t expect them to be cheap!
I’m going to give some tips that may save you money and make your wedding day more enjoyable.
- Choose a good DJ with experience. The best DJs have been playing professionally for years, so they know what they’re doing when it comes to mixing music. Some people think that because they’ve played in bands before, they’ll be able to mix music better than someone without any musical experience…but that’s not necessarily true!
- Have your DJ start off slowly. Many times, a first-time DJ might not know how to set up his equipment properly or he may just not have the right attitude about mixing music. So, let him get started slow and teach him all the basics as soon as possible! If you wait until after the event has ended to do this, then you risk having something terrible happen to like a power outage!
- Don’t pay for an expensive mixer. Many DJs today have started to buy these devices that mix up to four channels of audio into one. While these can be useful, particularly for events with a large number of audio sources (like bands and musicians), a good computer can do the same thing! Of course, you’re going to have to pay a technician to come in and set it all up, but if you have the money go for it!
Don’t pay for fancy lighting equipment.
- Unless you’re throwing a dance party or organizing a rave, you probably don’t need lighting equipment for your wedding! Incorporating lighting equipment with your music can certainly be a nice effect to create the right mood, but if you’ve never used the equipment before you might find it to be more distracting and annoying than anything else!
- Hire an experienced disc jockey. Just like in any other kind of job, experience makes all the difference in the world. An experienced wedding disc jockey can play all your favorite songs in the right order, and they can even plan out how to handle any events that you want to do during the occasion (like a father-daughter dance or a cake cutting). A newbie will just read off a list of all the songs in his database, which may not even include the ones you want!
Was your wedding everything you had hoped it would be?
Vancouver Wedding DJ helps you celebrate your special day by providing entertainment and music for your guests. Getting everyone up and on the dance floor is one of the most important jobs of a good wedding DJ!
In this article, you’ll find some questions you should ask any potential Vancouver wedding DJ to make sure they’re going to be perfect for your wedding.
What kind of music do you typically play at weddings?
What kind of wedding music does your potential DJ play? Is it the kind of stuff you want to hear on your big day?
Remember, the music a DJ chooses is going to set the mood for your wedding. Good Vancouver wedding DJs know a lot about music and can pick songs that go perfectly together.
Think about the theme of your wedding and what you’ll be doing throughout the day
Is your wedding taking place on the beach? If so, beach-themed music is going to be a good fit. Is your wedding taking place at a church? Maybe something a little more traditional is in order. Your DJ should be flexible and able to adapt to whatever environment and situation you’re in.
Tip: Talk to your partner about the kind of music you want at your wedding. This might end up helping you decide who the best DJ is for your special day.
Do you have references I can talk to?
A good place to start is by asking for references. If the potential DJ doesn’t have any then you should think seriously about hiring someone else. Anyone serving as the entertainment for one of the most important days of your life should be more than happy to have you speak to past customers. A legitimate Vancouver wedding DJ will have no problem giving you references, just be sure to take time and actually call these people.
Do you have insurance?
Most wedding professionals have liability insurance to protect against injury. Your DJ should have this as well. A good Vancouver wedding DJ will be covered for a situation in which someone gets injured on their watch. If the DJ you’re considering doesn’t have insurance, you might want to think about hiring someone else.
Is there an additional charge for your Wedding Dj services?
Some less than trustworthy DJs will try to tack on extra fees for their Wedding DJ services on the day of your wedding. There shouldn’t be any extra charges at all. If there are, find out what the charge is for and make sure you know exactly what is included with the DJ’s price.
Do you have anything else to add?
Every good DJ will have something special to offer, something that sets them apart from everyone else. This could be anything from their experience to their lighting equipment. A good place to start is by asking your potential DJ what they think sets them apart from everyone else. You’ll at least learn how they market themselves and whether or not it’s something you’re interested in.
Making sure you have a good time on the most important day of your life is one of the most important parts of wedding planning. The best way to ensure this is by picking the right Vancouver wedding DJ. If you need any more advice on finding a good wedding planner, don’t be afraid to ask.